THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Thursday, January 31, 2008

randomness

I miss my blog! Since starting my new job I feel like I have been in a whirlwind! Every day it is get up at 5am, work all day, come home, eat, shower, and get ready for the next day. It hasnt gotten old yet but Im sure i will start to feel burnt out soon. Im still in the honeymoon stage, haha.



Work is going good though. I really respect and like my boss and i think he likes me too (in a purely professional way of course!) He is giving me lots of projects that seem to show he has faith in me. Today I had meetings all day long with electrical subcontractors on a huge job coming up. Its funny because I feel like a little girl playing pretend...like I actually know what im doing. and then i realize i do. weird.



tomorrow I am going to a trade show about 70 miles away from the office...so i wont get to see my baby girl at lunch :-( but it will be fun to go out there and see whats going on.



Arabella has had an eye infection since sunday. it is all watery and goopy. i got her medicine and let me tell you, it is a bitch holding open her eye and trying to squeeze this stuff under her eyelid. !!! she suddenly turns into a worm in hot ashes...lol



I was starting to worry about her because she hasnt been smiling or talking a lot the last few days and seemed like she was having a hard time focusing on things...and then when i went to pick her up today she was smiling SO BIG and almost laughing and babbling so loud. i swear i fall more in love with her everyday. she IS my heart.



There are like 3 guys in my office who keep hitting on me. I swear i think i am giving off major doses of sex phermones or something because this one guy asks me out on the DAILY!! and the sick thing is...hes married!!! why the hell do all the married men want me? it is not fair, and it is really disrespectful if you think about it. not only to their wives but to me! there was a time when i wouldnt have thought twice of it...i never used to think it was that bad. but since ive been burned to a lump of charcoal i see things much more clearly. i am tired of men. i am tired of giving 100000% of myself to them all the time. the next guy who wants me is going to have to work his ass off to get me. and I know thats not really fair because relationships should be a two way street but i dont care. thats how i feel. i am not willing to put forth the effort and the risk and the vulnerability anymore. i hope i dont turn into one of those sad empty people who never let themselves love again. i just want someone to chase me for once.



anyways......



4 love notes:

misguidedmommy said...

i loove that blankie she is laying on i have it in blue for brandon. glad to hear your enjoying your job so far.

Pixie said...

Hey you =) Thanks for stopping by yesterday.. Your daughter has the cutest cheeks, just want to pinch them =) Wow an eye infection, has she been sick? Thank goodness I never had to do it to my kid while she was a baby cause imagining it sounds tiring =)

Those guys are still hitting on you even though you have a child? And married?! You might want to start slapping him around a bit so he'll leave you alone =)

Morgan said...

Hi Elyse! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comments. Arabella is a BEAUTIFUL baby herself...just like her mama!

I've been reading through your blog and I must say, wow, you've got a lot going on! You're doing a great job, mama! I love your openness and honesty on your blog, doesn't it feel so good?

As for the guys hitting on you, I agree, they should pursue you! You deserve a guy that will work hard for the prize that you are. I look forward to reading more of your blog, so don't stop posting due to the new job. Congrats on that, by the way!

Amy said...

You're kickin' ass and takin' names girl! And you deserve it. You're going to have a great year and more money than you need. Many blessings on you! She's beautiful and the two of you are very lucky to have each other.