Wow, its been a week since ive written on here. It feels like a long week that flew by, if that makes any sense.
Monday I started my new job. It has been pretty good so far.
The things I like are:
-everyone is really nice
-it is 10 minutes door to door from my house and my babysitters house!
- i get to work 7-4
-it is challenging, and i like a challenge
-my office mate danny is hilarious, he has a really sarcastic sense of humor and i found myself red faced and doubled over on my desk a few times this week.
Yay!
There is not really anything I dont like. The days have flown by, probably because everything i am doing is all brand new to me. I also pump breastmilk a few times during the day which makes me feel good, like i am still providing for my baby. and everyone is cool about it. i also go to the babysitters house at lunch time to visit my little love bug so that is a huge relief. it is the highlight of my days.
I am starting to feel like the confident, professional business woman i once was. I feel like I am learning everything pretty quickly and that my bosses are pleased with me. (always a good thing!)
It has been a little taxing doing the whole work AND mom thing. I still have to get up all night with Arabella and then bounce out of bed at 5am. I try to get everything ready the night before so I dont forget anything in my sleepy stupor in the mornings. I think ill get the hang of it one day soon here.
I found a great babysitter the NIGHT BEFORE my first day. I was freaking out wondering what I was going to do with my baby, my most prized possession, when my mom told me her friend and her daughter would watch her! Her friend's daughter's name is Tiffany and she lives with her mom like 2 minutes down the street from me. She has a 4 year old son and a daughter who was born 2 days after Arabella! She is so sweet and loving and is doing a great job taking care of Arabella. What a relief!! I feel totally comfortable leaving her there and knowing that she is being loved. The first 2 days she was pretty cranky and didnt want to eat much during the day, and when i would come at lunch she just cried and cried...and then would not remove her lips from my breasts all night long! lol But after that she seems to have adjusted and is eating her normal 10 oz (i know, little piggy!!!) during the time that I am gone. She doesnt seem to be emotionally scarred like I thought so I am extremely happy!! :) :)
However the weekend has flown by too fast and I am sad to have to leave her again tomorrow. :( Thank God for lunchtimes.
Financially, i am so fucked up right now. Because my disability stopped in December, I have had no money coming in since then. I get my first check next friday but it is only for one week. With it i somehow have to magically pay rent, electric and cable bills, 3 weeks of babysitting and also cover the massive overdrafts I have going on right now. Not fun. I would rather have $00000 than be $487 in the negative! And it will just get worse. But hopefully in a month or so I will be back on track.
I am too tired now to tell you about my love life so I will save that for the next entry. I'll try not to wait a week this time.
and the pictures of the week...
Monday I started my new job. It has been pretty good so far.
The things I like are:
-everyone is really nice
-it is 10 minutes door to door from my house and my babysitters house!
- i get to work 7-4
-it is challenging, and i like a challenge
-my office mate danny is hilarious, he has a really sarcastic sense of humor and i found myself red faced and doubled over on my desk a few times this week.
Yay!
There is not really anything I dont like. The days have flown by, probably because everything i am doing is all brand new to me. I also pump breastmilk a few times during the day which makes me feel good, like i am still providing for my baby. and everyone is cool about it. i also go to the babysitters house at lunch time to visit my little love bug so that is a huge relief. it is the highlight of my days.
I am starting to feel like the confident, professional business woman i once was. I feel like I am learning everything pretty quickly and that my bosses are pleased with me. (always a good thing!)
It has been a little taxing doing the whole work AND mom thing. I still have to get up all night with Arabella and then bounce out of bed at 5am. I try to get everything ready the night before so I dont forget anything in my sleepy stupor in the mornings. I think ill get the hang of it one day soon here.
I found a great babysitter the NIGHT BEFORE my first day. I was freaking out wondering what I was going to do with my baby, my most prized possession, when my mom told me her friend and her daughter would watch her! Her friend's daughter's name is Tiffany and she lives with her mom like 2 minutes down the street from me. She has a 4 year old son and a daughter who was born 2 days after Arabella! She is so sweet and loving and is doing a great job taking care of Arabella. What a relief!! I feel totally comfortable leaving her there and knowing that she is being loved. The first 2 days she was pretty cranky and didnt want to eat much during the day, and when i would come at lunch she just cried and cried...and then would not remove her lips from my breasts all night long! lol But after that she seems to have adjusted and is eating her normal 10 oz (i know, little piggy!!!) during the time that I am gone. She doesnt seem to be emotionally scarred like I thought so I am extremely happy!! :) :)
However the weekend has flown by too fast and I am sad to have to leave her again tomorrow. :( Thank God for lunchtimes.
Financially, i am so fucked up right now. Because my disability stopped in December, I have had no money coming in since then. I get my first check next friday but it is only for one week. With it i somehow have to magically pay rent, electric and cable bills, 3 weeks of babysitting and also cover the massive overdrafts I have going on right now. Not fun. I would rather have $00000 than be $487 in the negative! And it will just get worse. But hopefully in a month or so I will be back on track.
I am too tired now to tell you about my love life so I will save that for the next entry. I'll try not to wait a week this time.
and the pictures of the week...


4 love notes:
Sorry kinda deleted my own comment.. Your daughter is soo adorable =) I hope everthing works for you being a single parent and all. But It looks like it might be going well, you'll get on your feet financially as well too. It's not everday you can find someone willing to take care of your child that lives so close to your job =)
Oh, and I found your blog on 20 somethings and going to add you to my blog. Hope you can stop by soon =)
elyse, your little girl is just gorgeous! i have been reading your past entries and i know exactly how it feels to be alone while pregnant :( it's painful and lonely.
but isn't having a baby just so special? :) i always say that a child more than makes up for the heartache a man has caused... i wonder if many baby mamas feel the same way?
your daughter is ADORABLE. I can't wait to have a girl...
Thanks so much for your advice. I think I might try to contact her, maybe start off with emails or something. I think I am more curious about her and my half sister. I guess see if I'm anything like them. They're also Vietnamese so it would be nice to know more about my heirtage...
btw, I love HGTV too ;) Can't wait to get a house to start all those projects!!!
Post a Comment