THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Friday, December 28, 2007

the monster

my heart is full of ugliness
and it hurdles out my mouth
poisoning all who come upon me
i just have to let it out

i once was not this person
but a gentle heart so fair
now ive turned into a monster
the girl i was no longer there

how did i let myself become this
full of hatred and broken rage
can i make myself escape it
and unlock this hideous cage

so disillusioned by love
my hope has taken leave
my heart in stomped on pieces
because i wore it on my sleeve

i want to get away from this
in some country far away
as if happiness lies in location
or just accepting life, come what may
12.28.07

2 love notes:

Writer said...

Thanks for reading my blog, and for your kind comments.
I am startled by the honesty and insightfuless of your poem - I hope you found the writing of it cathartic. Don't be too hard on yourself, sweetie; life as a single parent - as ANY kind of parent - doesn't ever get easier, but it does get better. Look after yourself and your child one small step at a time and try not to worry. That's my advice, I hope you don't mind me offering it. :)

sevnetus said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog and my friends' blogs. You are a GREAT poet, because you've got meter and rhyme. I study and write poetry, but I can't write your way. Super. And you had a baby with someone you love. Excellent. You sweat over the elephant in the room - Everyone needs someone to love; I think the rules help pretty ladies like you.